The logo is equally important as the name is. It is an identification of the organization. Almost 90 % time, people notice the logo, first and then then the name of the organization. So, entrepreneurs need to work on the organization logo, cautiously.
People remember a simple image over the no of words. As we all know, a picture can tell you a thousand words. Instead of remembering the (complex?) names of each organization, isn’t it better to remember just a simple image? This simple image is nothing but a Logo.
Logos are symbols made up of text and images that help us identify an organization. But, they can be so much more! A good logo is representative of your brand. It helps customers to understand what you do, who you are, and what you value.
Several graphics designers can design a logo. But, very few are capable to design the right logo. And we need to note that a graphics designer can design, a logo, using his / her technical skill. But, the main concept of the logo is with entrepreneurs or business owners.
That’s a lot of responsibility on a tiny image!! Enough care must be taken while designing the logo :
1. Unique: The main characteristic of the logo, is to stand out or to differentiate. Hence, the logo must be unique, it's an opportunity to show that your business is different. It should be creative and original.
2. Scalable: It should look great, at any size. While designing, one has to keep in mind that it should be scaled down or up, should look good.
3. Simple: Complex logos missed the audience and make the noise. Simple logos are recognized and appreciated by people, easily. Simple logos are the ones people remember the most.
4. Relevant: Logo is for presenting your business. It has relevance with the area of business. Do think about your industry. It is important to research a brand’s mission, values, and target audience before designing a logo - this will ensure that the logo is appropriate and effective for the brand.
5. Versatile: A great logo can be printed in different sizes, across different mediums, and in different applications without losing its power. Good graphic designers know that what looks great in a site banner might not work on a brochure or vice versa, so they carefully craft a logo that looks good no matter what. Many designers recommend creating the logo in black and white first, before bringing color into the equation, in order to focus on the overall design.
6. Impactful: First Impression is the last impression. The main purpose of the logo is to catch the viewer's attention. A great logo should be impactful, creating a positive impression and entering the mind space.
7. Limited color:
Using no of colors always fails to convey the message, which is inside the logo. contrast helps us distinguish one thing from another It's recommended to use a maximum of three colors in a single logo.
8. Appropriate: AN effective logo should be appropriate. Before finalizing the design, Ask yourself: Does this logo communicate the right tone and style. Does it show or in some way hint at what type of business or product it's representing?
DON'T be too trendy. DO aim for longevity. Logo design is not going to renew each year. It lasts with the organization as many years as the company exists. One has to make sure the design is suitable for the future, too. Note that the effect is long-lasting.