Updated: Apr 30
Website is nothing but your virtual or online home. If you have a business and don’t have a website, you are probably losing some great opportunities for your business. The web has a far wider reach than any other form of advertising.
In the pandemic, the basic need and necessity, of every entrepreneur, is to get connected. Your own website is the best way to stay connected with your 'current' and 'to be' customers.
As it is a vital part of your company’s online presence, make sure the following points are part of your business website, if not include them at the earliest. It ensures the online presence, also creates an experience for the customers who visit the same. Your website will be the center of your company`s online presence. Through your own website, you can advertise your business around the Web on social networking sites, forums, etc. programs. Increasing visibility is one major factor that makes having a website important
1.Simple and clear navigation: Website visitor or viewer should not find any difficulty, while navigating, from one menu/ content/pages to another menu/ content/pages.
2. Readable contact details: Many times, the purpose of a visitor to visit a website, to connect with an authorized business owner/person. If he or she is not able to find the contact details / contact us tab, easily, he or she will not stay on the required web page.
Contact details must be easily accessible and readable. No compromise for a contact number and a mail ID. You can add other social links, if necessary.
3. Organized Contents: Organized pages are always the best way to attract visitors. If you are handling two or more different topics, on the same website, make sure you have different pages for each one.
4. Dummy / Irrelevant contents: Many times, the last page of the website or last paragraph of the home page is kept as that was in the template, which one you are using. It kills the contents. Make sure the displayed contents are appropriate to the subject/ purpose/theme of the website.
5. Size of the uploaded images: If you have a large number of images to upload (e.g. e-commerce site or artists site), make sure the size of the images, you are uploading, doesn’t affect the overall speed of the site. Remember, white space is also important.
6. Permission to use images from different sources: Check the uploaded images are in sync with the theme and need. And those are allowed to upload, without any permission. If images required any type of permission to use or reuse, make sure you have all those necessary permission, before using the same.
7. Domain name: First thing that should be considered is the domain name. Select a domain name that is not complex, and easy to remember.
8. Hosting: Another important aspect of the website. Choose your hosting agency, more wisely. Opt for a plan which fulfills your needs and not the cheaper one.
9. Content: Killer Content is the heart of any website. Make sure you are updating your content, periodically.
10. Update: Update your website periodically. The period can be of a month, three months, or a year, depending on the nature of your Business. Any change in your business, it may be changing in the packaging of the product, office address change, new team member added, etc. update on the website, immediately.
Your website is nothing but an online image. An online presentation of your own brand.
Make sure it is true, authentic, and engaging the audience.
All the best
In the comments, pls mention the address of your own website or the website you find as a perfect representation, as a brand.
Awaiting the comments...